Friday, October 31, 2008

Hushed

Living on the edge, minding your answers and making the best of today. Why is the world rooted in the diktats of condition? A life departs quietly somewhere in the dead of the night, yet no one hears the hush. Tomorrows are like shadows waiting to be claimed, asserted and given in to. With friends and known faces, is it still a skill to socialize in sobriety? When they confiscate our world, what remains are a few hopes, crushed dreams and shattered truths.

Whenever I’m disturbed in my thought-flow, what right do I have to demand them back? Life, or something similar to it, condescends to stop and gape at my emptiness. The kids playing outside rumble on about home-works and “tasks”. How could I let them go – those reveries, silly nothings? Departures. Pauses. Sometimes, the tether’s too small for domesticity!

This one’s for the lonely dweller. I’ve responded to your challenges in feats of mimicry, yet returned to you every time! Torn between the tussle of fabrication and reality, was I wrong to have waited …? Don’t know, if I ask you how you love me, what your answer should be. Mystery breeds the anonymous, when creation becomes the last resort. I’m hungry for the words to seduce me to your swoon. Until the time that happens and words cease to matter anymore … Life will dish out the best for you, even when you live abandoned like Crusoe.

2 comments:

Shy said...

I dont knw what is difficult ... to let go or to hold on! :) life islike a spoon of oil you need to carry whiel watching the marvel around you. And lastly, you knw the best realtionships are those that never finds an answer, wen u find one the charm of the mystery is lost :)

silly me :P we all r at sum point of time

take care

Strawberry said...

thanks ... well said, and explained. Given the travails of our schedules, you've put in an apt imagery of a spoonful of oil ... myths do matter.